When thinking about a claim, it’s normal to focus on the bottom line – your final settlement. But we forget that an insurance claim can involve a level of emotion that is akin to grief. While a public adjuster can definitely help you get an appropriate settlement, he or she can also help you through the process of grieving your loss. A public adjuster can also save you a lot of time and headaches. Let’s take a look at some of the biggest reasons you should hire a public adjuster:
- They will maximize your settlement; and while the public adjuster’s fee is a percentage of the final number, the settlement you get with a public adjuster can be 30-50% higher than you could get alone – sometimes even more.
- They can help you through the grief. Having your home damaged is traumatic, and grief can make the claims process very difficult, and even potentially cause people to withdraw or not make a claim. A public adjuster gets it – he or she has seen it all before and will make sure you don’t feel like you’re alone.
- If you incurred a large loss, a public adjuster can help you immensely by setting up a
place for you and your family to stay during the claim and reconstruction, managing vendors like mitigation companies and dry cleaners, and itemizing all of the contents of your home that were lost.
- Policy language is like a foreign language, but public adjusters speak it and know how to apply it to your claim.
- Don’t like the work of your insurance company’s adjuster? Or is the insurance company not returning your calls or taking your claim seriously? A public adjuster can help keep them on track. Similarly, if you feel your insurance company is not evaluating your loss adequately, a public adjuster can argue in your favor.
- Public adjusters are experienced in documenting, filing, and proving claims. Are you? Probably not. This is huge and will help you to get a higher settlement, not to mention save you a ton of time and aggravation.
- They have the time – it’s their job. While you’re doing your job, taking care of your family, and living your life, the public adjuster will make sure everything goes smoothly with the claim.
At Robert L. McCormack Public Adjusters, we offer many services, and can truly help you throughout the process of your claim. Contact us today by filling out our contact form, or by giving us a call at 508.588.4243.